As each collection system comes with its own challenges, USP provides a wide range of technologies to address odor and H2S corrosion issues in the collection system:
- Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2)
- SulFeLox™ Iron (a NEW buffered iron solution with a lower hazard rating than calcium nitrate)
- Ferrous and Ferric Iron Salts
- PRI-SC® (Peroxide Regenerated Iron for Sulfide Control)
- Cloevis Biofilm Removal
- USP-OC31 (Chlorite Oxidizer)
Our team of experienced odor control experts will work with you to custom-tailor an appropriate solution for each unique problem within your collection system. During this process we will consider performance expectations, site constraints and existing budgets.
Factors that affect H2S Formation:
- Hydraulic retention time
- Pipe Diameter
All of these factors, as well as the physical characteristics of the collection system and potential feed sites have to be considered when choosing the appropriate odor and corrosion control method. As a rule of thumb the following can serve as a guideline:
Required Control Duration
- Short (<2 hours) H2O2, SulFeLox™, Iron Salts, USP-OC31 (Hyperlinks)
- Medium (2-5 hours) SulFeLox™, Iron Salts, PRI-SC, Nitrates
- Long (>5 hours) SulFeLox™, Iron Salts, PRI-SC
At USP we have over 20 years of experience in liquid phase odor and corrosion control, and an experienced team of over 60 odor control experts that do nothing but evaluate diverse odor control problems and design appropriate solutions.
Part of USP’s service offering includes:
- Collection System Evaluation
- Field Sampling and H2S Data Logging
- Technology Evaluations
Please contact us here to have a conversation about your current odor problem.
Did you know that the treatment method in your collection system affects your wastewater treatment process at the plant ?
USP aims to integrate collection systems with treatment plant processes to optimize overall performance and reduce cost. Learn about our PRI-TECH suite of technologies (MUNIVERSETM) for odor control, settling, P-removal and struvite control, as well as enhanced digestion and dewaterability.